Nine Lives medium down-force kit for NB Miata. Are you looking to win? Well good your in the right place. An all-in-one aerodynamic kit, just bolt it on and know a team of motorsports engineers has set up your personal car. A package that has seen 3 seconds a lap improvement on cars with only a 100 hp. All of this for less than a traditional carbon wing.
- Stock powered cars (100hp) have dropped 3 seconds a lap.
- Fully CFD verified
- Weight and Aero loads in perfect balance
- Minimum drag
- Comes with set up notes from Morlind Engineering.
- Upgrade-able to high downforce kit.
- Engineered sized splitter
- Damn Dam air-dam
- 64" Miata Wáng kit
- Sturdy Boii Splitter mounts and radiator ducting
Upgrade / Add-ons Splitter material.
- Poly infused birch, a cost-effective splitter that will with-stand the elements.
- Tegris, just like a very popular racing series that only turns left uses. Tegris is a woven plastic splitter that makes very little drag when it slides on the ground. It also resembles a carbon fiber look with 1/2 the price.
- Carbon, you're mad if you want this. Yes it's light, but it's expensive as all get out. You really wanna smash this thing?
This damn dam for 1990- 2005 Mazda Miatas
Finally an affordable air dam that won't look DIY! Air dams have been well tested and proven to reduce front end lift, drag and increase downforce! At Nine Lives we take this a step further, 4.5* rake built in to make more downforce than any other air dam on the market. CNC cut so the rivet holes are straight and will not look like a drunk walking home
- Made from .100" plastic
- Tri-fold Rivets included.
- Standard Cut with 4.5* rake (NASA Limit is 5*)
- Long Nose cut with 25.5* rake for even more downforce and even less drag.
Unsupported Dam will deform in direct wind without support.
We recommend supporting it one of two ways.
- First attach it to your splitter.
- If you don't have a splitter source 3/8 steel rod from (hetalsdepot.com). We have had good luck trimming the rod to length, hammering the ends flat, drilling a 3/16" hole and using the extra rivets supplied with the dam kit.
1990-2005 NA / NB Miata Splitter mounts! Thank you Trackable Miatas Facebook group for giving it the name of Sturdy Bois.
Splitters are a flat surface attached to the front of the car. This part increases air speed under the car, resulting in extra front downforce. in the past mounting a splitter was a time-consuming fabrication project. We are happy to announce adding a splitter is easy with Sturdi Boi Splitter Mounts from Nine Lives Racing. Sturdy Boi Splitter Mounts are brackets for you to attach your splitter. These mounts attach just in front of the radiator and offer a quick disconnect feature for a easy trailer loading. as a added bonus they double as radiator ducting. The mounts are solid to capture air and force it into your radiator. Will keep your car cooler for longer and increase downforce.
-Words from a race engineer. "To make a car lighter you must make every part do as many jobs as it can."
Notes about bumpers
Sturdy Bois are built and intended to be used with a splitter, Nine Lives Danm Dam and 64" The Big Wang this combination has been CFD tested to increase overall downforce by 310% You can keep your OEM bumper if you wish to use the radiator ducting feature. The ducting will fit behind the stock bumper.
- More Downforce = Faster = Lower lap times
- Aluminum construction
- Front horns are set at 4.4* to hold your air dam, and make it legal for NASA racing.
- Quick disconnect *
- 2 bolt operation.
- Can be replaced with a .25" pin
- For quick disconnect feature must be used with Nine Lives Danm Dam https://9livesracing.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fthe-danm-dam-for-mazda-miata-aka-air-dam
- 2 bolt operation.
- Radiator ducting included
- Replacement parts ambidextrous for easy spares
- Replacement parts available here
- Emergency Break Away
- If contact occurs mounts will snap before damaging OEM mounting points.